Helping Immigrants Along Their Journey To The United States
The immigration process is complex and opaque, with many layers that can make it exceptionally difficult to approach without an understanding of how the system works. Applications to enter the country are complex and can quickly confuse people as they attempt to comply with all the various steps, required documents and deadlines that need to be followed.
At Qi & Associates, P.C., in downtown Flushing, our firm’s founder, Carter Qi, is passionate about helping immigrants who wish to work and live in the United States. He is an immigrant himself, and, since entering the country when he was 14 years old, he has experienced what it is like to go through the process. He understands how to efficiently and quickly navigate your claim through the federal government. He is committed to helping the members of the immigrant community – especially those of Asian ancestry – on their journeys and providing support to them with a law firm that can serve their immigration needs. He also offers employment law and criminal defense representation throughout all five boroughs of New York City.
Our Lawyer Can Help You With Various Different Immigration Claims
There are many different paths to take to enter the United States. The two most common routes are via employment-based immigration and family-based immigration. Employment-based immigration is where you can obtain a visa that is tied to your employment in the United States in a specific job or industry. These types of visas include:
- Temporary non-immigrant visas: This encompasses H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, H-3 visas as well as I, L, O, P, R and TN NAFTA visas.
- Permanent immigrant work visas: This category is limited to the EB-1 through EB-5 visas.
- Student or education exchange visitor visas: These are the F, M and J visas that allow students and trainees to stay in the United States.
- Temporary visit for business: This would include B-1 visas for short stays in the United States and WB temporary business visitor visas.
These visas each apply to different areas of study or vocation that you may qualify for depending on your specific situation. Apart from the work-related visas, there are also family-based visas that you can apply for, which include:
- Immediate relative visas: This category applies to a range of visas that allow close family members, such as spouses, children or parents, of United States citizens to immigrate.
- Family preference visas: This category applies to visas for more distant relatives of a United States citizen as well as the family of lawful permanent residents.
- Fiancé(e)/spousal visas: This type of visa pertains to fiancé(e)s of United States citizens, allowing them to come the country for marriage, as well as certain spouses.
No matter what type of immigration process you are considering, you can rely on our attorney to help you navigate the process and complete your immigration journey.
Advocacy At Removal Proceedings
One of the most critical services Carter Qi provides is representation in removal proceedings. As the repercussions can be severe (including deportation), it is vital to have this representation available. Carter will take every step possible to minimize or eliminate all consequences that can arise.
Learn How We Can Help You
There are many things that you need to consider when you are beginning your immigration journey. Our lawyer wants to help you along your path so that you can accomplish your dream of coming to the United States for your work or to reunite with your family. If you would like to speak with him to learn how he can help you, you can call our office at 646-849-9221 or send us a brief message with a description of your situation. We offer free consultations, so do not hesitate to reach out to us today.